Pages

Friday 7 May 2021

The Fallen Soldiers

 The wind blows as the grass swings side to side,as the sun slowly sets at dawn the silence has begun, as I was lying in the silky long grass Poppies started growing and they were blood red, as I was wondering what happened here I slowly set my mind at ease.


As I was lying there thinking I heard birds singing and trees talking, there I thought this was an imagination but in the distance I heard shooting and yelling but nothing was there so I stayed calm but then  as I was about to close my eyes I heard a little sound in my ear saying “The Fallen Soldiers”.


As I heard that the wind blew in my face like racing bullets and I felt cold and chilly, the poppies were Blood red and that made me thinking why is it blood red?, and as 5 minutes passed I felt very calm and the silence was amazing but I never thought this would be this good and and self calming. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Viena, thank you for sharing your descriptive writing. I really like how you created a sombre mood, connecting the picture of the poppies to fallen soldiers. A suggestion for next time would be to try and write in present tense the whole way through (as if it's happening right now).

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about